Printed from www.nzmeccano.com
Christmas Challenge 2012
The Spanner Challenge
The Spanner Christmas Challenge 2012 is to build a Meccano model according to the following conditions:
- All models to be based on the contents of One Vintage set - Plus the following:-
- Doubled up quantities of – Nuts, Standard Bolts, Long Bolts, Pivot bolts, Washers and No 38a Spacers.
- Any 20 Additional Painted, Nickel plated and Brass parts, may be used, plus up to 6 DIY Card parts for enhancement, as long as patterns with dimensions are provided.
- Note – Longer bolts than those contained in the Basic set to count as part of the 20 additional parts.
- 3-6 Volt motor/gear box & Battery box to count as One part.
The rules were written by Mike Dennis.
Post your entries on Spanner or directly to the Christmas Challenge 2012 gallery (or to your personal gallery and send an email to request it be moved). Only one primary photo is permitted in the Christmas Challenge Gallery, but further photographs, videos etc can be posted to the "Extra photos" folder underneath. Remember to refer to these in your description of the model.
All viewers may place a "rating" on each model in the Christmas Challenge Gallery, rating the model from 1 to 10 by clicking on the appropriate number underneath the thumbnail.
You may "rate" as many or as few models as you wish.
You can only "rate" each model once, but you may change that rating at any time. An arrow underneath a thumbnail shows the rating you have given to that model.
Every now and then, the models in the gallery will be sorted in order of their current rating.
Anonymous rating is welcome, but anonymous ratings don't affect the overall score as significantly.
The Christmas Challenge closes at midnight on Christmas Eve your local time. The winner will receive global accolade (well, at least until next year).
If you have any interesting information or comments about this page, please add them here: